4"flexable hose in engine compartment

Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 220

4"flexable hose in engine compartment

Unread post by gezundheit » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:34 pm

i just noticed this hose when i had the front passenger side wheel off.the hose has seperated and failed where it 90s into the grill area.i will repair it but was wondering what it does? it is an air intake of some sort but for what? my only guess is it has\nsomething to do with the front heater/defroster.any ideas would be appreciated.i just finished changing out new m/c,brake rotors,calipers,hoses and pads.i went to alretta for the buy and they were very helpful.it was quite a learning experience\nto bleed the hydrovac system but in many ways very satisfying when it worked.i'll be leaving for florida this week,i'm just waiting on a surge brake receiver to add.i'll be towing my fiat 500 behind the 220.the old girl is fully up to speed now,with new\nfurnace,hot water heater and bilstein shocks.i hope you all a great thanksgiving.regards,gezundheit.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: 4"flexable hose in engine compartment

Unread post by Acesneights » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Can you post some pics ?\nAlso if you could post the part numbers and brand of parts you got from Alretta in the part number sticky it might help someone else someday.\nThanks.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by gezundheit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 am

about part numbers and brand of parts received.the only question asked by alretta was the vin number of coach and what it needed.no parts received had any ID or numbers and were generically boxed without labels.so,if you do call them for help,be\nprepared with a vin number.they will tell you if the parts are nos,rebuilt or foreign made and prices.regards,gezundheit.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by gezundheit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 am

about part numbers and brand of parts received.the only question asked by alretta was the vin number of coach and what it needed.no parts received had any ID or numbers and were generically boxed without labels.so,if you do call them for help,be\nprepared with a vin number.they will tell you if the parts are nos,rebuilt or foreign made and prices.regards,gezundheit.

Return to “Travco 220”