Rebuilding my 75 travco

Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1975 travco

Re: Rebuilding my 75 travco

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Here’s the valve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Setting up a new wall behind drivers seat. Angled aluminum, notched, to fit the curve of the RV wall. Built in sofa,/daybed frame work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Just about done building the built in couch/day bed. I will be using French cleat brackets to hold the back rest in place

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Wanted to show everyone how I patched an old vent line leading out. \nFirst I removed the old vent fixture on the roof and cleaned and sanded the area. Than I sloped the edges of the hole (I’ll tell you why in a sec). Than from the inside I tape the hole. I took fiber glass and cut a bunch of different size circles, some to fit the hole and some to over lap the hole. Here is why I slopes the edges of the hole. When filling the whole with my Fiberglass and epoxy I’ll start with my smallest cut fiberglass circles. As I move to the out edge of the roof, I start going up in circle size as the slope gets bigger. Now when I sand it flat to meet the lines of the body instead of having a puck like fiberglass disk stuck in a hole, now I will have layers that come out to the lines of the slope to meet the body line. This makes it a stronger patch. mine Still has a little dip in the center which I will fill with bondo when done leveling the fiberglass patch. Pictures to follow

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Pictures for patch

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:33 pm

I also wanted to add that I don’t have the money to replace all of my window seals. A buddy of mine recommended Boat Life Caulk. This stuff is awesome but be warned it is extremely tacky and sticky. It does not act like regular caulk or silicone. This stuff is extremely weather resistant, it doesn’t shrink or expand in different temperatures, and it’s paint and sandable. Iv used on two windows so far with great results. I simply mask off the area in which I use this stuff on.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:39 pm

This bad boy came with hydraulic leveling kit that didn’t work.. works now! Super excited about that!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 am

Do you have any information on that leveling setup such as manufacturer or model Number. I have been researching them but would love to know what setup works.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:57 pm

KB2CRK wrote:Do you have any information on that leveling setup such as manufacturer or model Number. I have been researching them but would love to know what setup works.
\n\nHWH corporations is the manufacture name. No model number. Each corner has its own hydraulic lever. It has a bubble level next to the four levers. I do not know who installed it. Some of the work is a little janky. I’ll post a couple pictures today

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:00 pm

They are old and need help straightening :lol:

Return to “Travco 270”