Wire fishing stragegies for 1973 270 front storage shelf.

Author
Travco Model: 1975 M-270

Wire fishing stragegies for 1973 270 front storage shelf.

Unread post by emaxon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck fishing wires through the ceiling and walls of a 270 w/o pulling the interior paneling (during a full gut resto.)\n\nI was able to poke wires past the first steel bulkhead (through a rubber grommet therein) between the right front speaker hole and the storage compartment along the top of the windshield. However, I've found most of the other grommets filling holes in this bulkhead to be dead ends. I still need to fish wire from the LF speaker hole to that same location, then power (from either the battery disco switch or directly from the coach batteries) up to that same compartment to feed amplifiers.\n\nHas anyone found an existing channel useful for fishing wire to/from that upper compartment? The previous owner has a couple ugly wires + air line run along the driver's A pillar, looks terrible.\n\nI suppose I can just use a bit of brute force to cram past those dead-end grommets, but as for a tidy way to run power up to that shelf, I'm at a loss.\n\nAnyone BTDT?\n\nAny help appreciated.\n\nEric

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Wire fishing stragegies for 1973 270 front storage shelf

Unread post by KB2CRK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:38 am

I was able to run my tv antenna cable through one of the holes but the ceiling was out behind the drivers seat. I had the front speaker out to put my arm up and pull it through

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:00 pm

FWIW ...there is already hot wires in the OHD compartment and accerssible to the left spraker. \nthe hot wiring, depending, is in the OHD for markers and stereo system in pre 75 units,\n75 and up had stereo in lower part of re-designed dash\nBBB

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1966 Model 270

Unread post by Fellchase » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am

On 66 model 270 there is a hole in the top front of fiberglass shelf unit...I pulled down ceiling panel and fished wire to that hole with coat hanger. Tricky. On 66 Model That shelf is pretty impervious to wire fishing...good luck

Return to “Travco 270”