Rebuilding my 75 travco

Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1975 travco

Re: Rebuilding my 75 travco

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:12 am

rjsdotorg wrote:Bound to be better than old points and iffy ballast. \nI'm going to open up the plug gap .010 to .045 next and see how it likes it.\nThe carb still needs some tweaking, and then some freeway time to clean it all out.
\n\nLet me know how it drives after you gap the plugs

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:34 am

Just drove 14 hours! My wife will be training for 2.5 months for the navy at the beginning of April. I’ll be getting a lot done finally during that time!

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:35 pm

Finally some progress. Two new wall panels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm

rjsdotorg wrote:
Whitewhaletravco wrote:Finally some progress. Two new wall panels.
\n Can you see clearly how the rear clearance light are wired?\nDoes power go up right or left?\nGrounding?
\n\nAre you talking about the lights that are located outside on the roof?

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:48 pm

If you are talking about those light, I cannot see how they are wired. I’m not removing the rear or front fiberglass panels. To be honest I can’t even see extra wires heading in that direction. Mine don’t work as well

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:41 pm

Today:\nRipped out the entry way steps including the no longer working mechanical folding steps, and cleared some carpet on part of the drivers area. Repaired some old wooden spots on the floor. Finished putting the walls panels on the passenger side (huge pain) and I thought that was gonna be the easy part. So far iv just been fixing things as I move on to the next section which seems to slow me down. But I’d rather get it all done than take it apart later. Tomorrow I’ll start back up on the rear again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1972 travco

Unread post by dirtydeno » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 pm

Wall looks good

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Supposedly they come up from one of the taillights and are grounded somewhere up top to the frame. Mine has wires heading upward from both left and right taillights...\nWhile you have the panels off maybe try to fish a wire to one of them from the front.\nI've also considered removing one, and running a long jumper up from the tail to test if they're missing ground, or power...[/quote]\n\nWell if you dig into them, do some test, and figure out how they work let me know. I would like them to work but right now are not on my to do list.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Finished the top of the bedding area. Will be building deep set of drawers. Started tearing out the old shower. Why couldn’t they just cut the carpet out right before dripping in the old shower?? Off to design a new shower. Since I’m a welder I’m thinking TIG stainless for a shower pan. Since the old shower didn’t hug the wall I lose about 4 inches of shower space. I’ll try to utilize that extra space this time...gotta figure away around that vent pipe

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:25 am

Let me find some pictures. I put a 24x32 tub in that space and studded the wall that you have out to run the vent

Return to “Travco 270”