no brakes

Author
Travco Model: m270 elite

no brakes

Unread post by rlewis72 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 am

Hello all,\nIf you can't find it on You Tube. Look on the Travco forum. Right?\nI have a '77 m270 Elite that I bought to flip This isn't your normal old Travco. It was customized by the original owner. He ripped out the motr and drivetrain. He mounted a Duetz turbo pusher in it. Very slick. \n I was driving it to my buddies house to air up the tires and lost all brakes. Didn't notice any fluid leaking from lines. Did notice fluid aroun master cylinder area. The front resevior on master cylinder was empty. This rig is also set up with a micro-brake switch for parking. I'm told that the brake system is a Hydrovac system. I'm not to familiar with these systems. Where should I start investigating?\nThanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model:

Re: no brakes

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue May 22, 2018 8:56 am

Am I reading this right... the engine has been moved to the rear?

Unread post by rlewis72 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:58 am

77Travco wrote:Am I reading this right... the engine has been moved to the rear?
\nYes. This is correct

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 67 270

Unread post by ryemadd » Wed May 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Thats crazy awesome. Wow more pics please and pics of engind compartment and old engind compartment\nThNks in advancs\nAnd u can find out alot about the hydrovac sys in this forim id try new master cylinder first right.

Unread post by rlewis72 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:49 am

ryemadd wrote:Thats crazy awesome. Wow more pics please and pics of engind compartment and old engind compartment\nThNks in advancs\nAnd u can find out alot about the hydrovac sys in this forim id try new master cylinder first right.
\n\nHere's a pic of the motor compartment. It's under the master bed.\nI don't have a pic of old engine compartment. Original owner put the generator in that spot.\nI didn't find the the master cylinder pooped out. My rig has a microbrake. Being unfamiliar with it. I pressed the pedel to hard and blew it out while trying to release the microbrake

Unread post by rlewis72 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:51 am

Sorry. Will have to resize photo later

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Thu May 24, 2018 9:41 am

rlewis72 wrote:Here's a pic of the motor compartment. It's under the master bed.\nI don't have a pic of old engine compartment. Original owner put the generator in that spot.\n
\nWow... :shock: Yes, post pics when you can please!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat May 26, 2018 10:04 am

77 should have had Hydroboost power brakes which would have a hydraulic booster that the master cylinder is mounted to. The empty chamber in the master says you have a leak somewhere. Could be from the master or anywhere else in the system. Hydroboost would require hoses from the power steering pump. the empty chamber would cause an almost no brake situation where the pedal would go to the floor and next to no brakes. if pumped you may feel slight braking but you might as well have none.

Return to “Travco 270”