Considering fuel injection

Post here for engine related Discussion
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Considering fuel injection

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:08 am

It will be next week before I can start putting this on due to My daughter blowing up the engine in her Subaru. I will be doing a Subaru engine swap this weekend.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:44 am

Excited for you that it arrived....After a completed & running install.\nPlease post the part numbers of all "extras" you had to purchase\nto make this EFI system work...parts I feel that should have been included...\nLooking for a alternative to that TQ... Could be worth the higher\ncost to go your way rather than go thru another adaption of a Edelbrock\non the Travco 440... and not be as satisfied as one might be with FI.\nJMO\nBBB

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Due to weather and other obligations the Subaru engine swap is not finished yet. In the mean time I have done a little research on FiTech and the 440. There have been quite a few of these put on the RB Mopar motor and mostly in muscle cars. Everyone says the drive-ability and starting is awesome. They also complain they only got a 2 mpg improvement in fuel mileage. Personally I would be jumping up and down celebrating if I got 2 more mpg. The other thing is that the ethanol fuels don't bother it. Some are using it with E85 for drag racing. I have no intention of running E85 so that is not an issue but with so many places having 10% ethanol in all of their Gasoline it is a bonus. The 400HP unit is rated for 835 CFM which also works well with the old big block. It can be set up for auto idle up with ac and electric fans. I also heard back from their tech support on the intake adapter. They said It will bolt up but with some Spread bore Manifolds it will not seal right. A $20 aluminum Spread to square bore adapter available anywhere will work. After I get it mounted then I will see if anything is needed to adapt the downshift rod or if the linkage pieces off of my Thermoquad that came off of the Quadra jet will work.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Subaru engine swap is done. Now I have to finish laying the tile in the Family room. Then will be the time for the Nessie work including the EFI.

Technician
Technician
Travco Model: N/A (Site Tech!)

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Interested to see how it goes.
- Travcoforum Website Administrator\n- Helping a friend - check out Duckies Longarm Quilting in the Oshawa / Durham Region area! www.duckiesquilting.com

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm

If I remember I will takes a lot of pictures while doing the install. I tend to forget the picture part when I get started.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 pm

yes keep us posted. I have long considered doing this vs a Cummins swap.. me thinks it will solve alot of ethanol related issues.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Travco Model:

Unread post by Asf93555 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun May 21, 2017 8:17 am

Thank you for the Video. Sooner or later I have got to get this done. Camping trip next weekend and Nessie got an oil and fuel filter change yesterday. Also did oil changes on the other cars at the house. Cheated with the wife car as it came with 4 free oil changes at the dealership. This was # 2.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1971 270

Unread post by Dodgy71 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 pm

I, too, am considering the swap to EFI. Looking forward to hearing how your FiTech install goes, and ultimately how you feel it performs. I'm sure that it will be better than the carb in all aspects.

Return to “Engines”