replacement parking brake cable?

Post here for Brake System related Discussion
Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 270 Mahal

replacement parking brake cable?

Unread post by Zed » Tue May 02, 2017 1:54 am

So after taking the winter off from Travco work which was mostly sorted last year I'm diving back in on the final push to have the RV up and running in 5 weeks. \n\nThere are a bunch of little things like the headlights dont work and there is no horn but most of the major stuff is done. \n\nOne thing not messed with at all in my parking brake. The pads were completely shot and I broke the cable testing it out.\n\nI am going to send out the shoes to have them resurfaced, Alretta does this right? Hopefully the turn around isn't too long.\n\nI snapped the cable, where can I either get a new one or get one made, anyone know?\n\nEven though the parking brake drum looks so small as to be useless in a emergency situation I still like the idea of having it work right, could save me I guess. Having the brakes work right is more better but why not fix it?\n\nThanks.

Travco Model:

Re: replacement parking brake cable?

Unread post by PLUM72 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:50 pm

If you haven't found a place for your brake cable, try these guys at the link below. They make custom brake cables.\nhttp://www.bruinbrakecables.com

Return to “Brakes”