TravcoForum.com

Travco Classic Motorhome Support & Discussion Forum

Skip to content

Change font size

Board index » Maintenance » Steering,Suspension and Tires
Post here for Steering ,suspension and tires discussion

New tires

Unread postby Glass8775 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:46 am

I just got back from a short trip in my other coach ('92 Fleetwood, 32') after putting on new tires. These are Samson GL283 (8R/19.5). These tires are GREAT!! Used the ceramic balance beads from Innovative Balancing for the first time and all I can say is "WOW!" what a difference!. I was skeptical about these tires but others have said they have 40K miles w/o signs of wear. I can say they track well and best part was they were only $205 ea (Chicago Tire, eBay) with $25 ea to mount! I am going to see if they have a tire to fit the Travco or maybe go to larger rims as some of you have dome...
Glass8775
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Travco Model: 1970 270 Dodge Mahal

Re: New tires

Unread postby rjsdotorg on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:33 am

I'm keeping an eye on tire options; mine are good, and no cracks, but near the end of life as they are 10yo. The Michelins are still available, but I'd prefer a tubeless install.

I'm also going to go with the liquid internal balance, and do a before/after test.

I can confirm NO ONE makes balancers (like Centramatics) for the 17" rims.
rjsdotorg
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Travco Model: 1972 270

Re: New tires

Unread postby 77Travco on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 pm

I used lead balance beads that I got off of ebay (pretty cheap). I had to dump them into the tires before mounting them on the rims as they wouldn't fit through the valve stems.
77Travco

Travco Model:

Return to Steering,Suspension and Tires