Best clearance lights

Post here for living area electrical.
Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Best clearance lights

Unread post by datsit » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:35 pm

I have original marker lites front/rear from my 1969 270, I found a complete set new a few years ago and will dig them up if needed.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 270 Travco: an early 73

Unread post by halfpipe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:22 am

Acesneights wrote:I went to work on a few of mine that were out and really the factory ones are the wrong lights anyway as they have no ground wire. All Travco did was stick a stripped ground wire under the screw. IMHO any lights used should have an independent ground wire.\n
\nUnder which screw exactly? The two screws that hold the assembly to the exterior ? was it both screws that had the stripped wire underneath?\nOr are you talking about some other screw?\nTks\nBruce

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:20 am

You just want to run the ground wire to any screw that will connect it to the metal part of the light bulb base. The idea is to complete the electric circuit.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 270 Travco: an early 73

Unread post by halfpipe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I just thought if you actually saw the stripped ground wire under there that you could indicate which screw exactly it was in contact with because that one will have a better chance of maintaining the circuit as the metal is in poor shape and the closer the better\nthanks \nBruce\nsorry about that

Return to “Electrical”