32" tub in Mahal bathroom

Cabinets, Woodwork, flooring ideas Wall panels etc.
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

32" tub in Mahal bathroom

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:00 pm

I am putting a 32" tub in the side bathroom of a 76 Mahal. To get the drain in the proper location I am using a household tub drain and vent kit without the vent pieces. I notched the floor and found a floor support under the wood. I am going to have to shim the tub about 1/2 an inch for the new drain to clear the support. I will be able to drop into the old shower trap without issue.\n\nImage\nImage\nImage\n\nI will add more photos as it progresses.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: 32" tub in Mahal bathroom

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:55 pm

gawd... its been so long since I took a bath, I don't know if I know how anymore... (keep on reading, there's more) ...\nShowering has spoilt me rotten... I don't what it is worth but had a rv'ing buddy who had a tub bottom crack under him and fortunately it was just barely under warranty... Seems there wasn't enough support under the middle of the tub underneath... FWIW.. Maybe right before you finalize dropping the tub into place. Spray a can or two of that expanding foam all over the bottom and as it swells and harden will give real support to the tub base/underneath... It is only a thin fiberglass unit, not like the walls of the Travco.... Just my $.02 worth...HTH\nBBB

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Nice Job.\nRemember the old saying...nuthin more dangerous than a plumber with a sawzall... :mrgreen: \n\nYeah, I'm with Billy, I'd set that tub in something. Usually in household app use a setting compound but being that there is flex and movement, the spray foam sounds like a winner
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:01 pm

I am going to shim with plywood and then spray foam after it is set. I have to get the black water tank back in to get everything connected.

Return to “All other interior”