Wallpaper and Adhesive Removal

Cabinets, Woodwork, flooring ideas Wall panels etc.
Author
Travco Model:

Wallpaper and Adhesive Removal

Unread post by The Dane » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Anyone have any experience removing the wallpaper and adhesive from the wall panels? As beautiful and as timeless as the colors and designs are, I need to remove it. A lot of it tears off easily, the rest is stuck fast to the panels. I plan on painting the panels, so I want to get all of the paper and glue off. Any tried and true tips appreciated. Thanks.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: Wallpaper and Adhesive Removal

Unread post by Acesneights » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:01 pm

I doubt you will get it off. 90% of the time the wood is shot , water damaged or delaminated. If by some chance your wood panels are still good, I'd just go ver the old stuff. It was glued on and not intended to be removed.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Travco Model:

Unread post by The Dane » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 pm

You're right, it's not intended to be removed. But with enough persistence and cold beer, anything is possible. After practicing on the bathroom walls, I managed to perfect my technique. I peeled the paper off the bathroom door in less than 5 minutes. All the wood is in very good condition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:05 am

Where can one find that square door latch? I have been looking. Mine was missing when I got it/

Return to “All other interior”