Winning weekend at the Glen.

Post up campground experiences reviews etc.
\nDisclaimer:
\nTravcoforum.com is not responsible for the content posted and anyone posting reviews is responsible for their own words.
Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Winning weekend at the Glen.

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:05 pm

I already have a new set sitting in a box. Had gotten them years ago, 19.5 stainless w/10 lug nuts from Camper World as I really went there for spare replacement nuts for my Trail-Blazer. I had two rv's at that time. The Travco & TB...I couldn't find a brand name. Will probably put the covers on in spring, as in warmer weather...undecided yet, as I might get another rv, two are not too much trouble... Just some more left over stuff I never put on the other rv's but am now getting rid of... \nWas really putting out a line not only for myself but other "Travconians". on the wheel scene...Just for some ideas..\nhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TDtUHo5cSE\nht ... 5DsRU\nThe above sites show the latest in home spraying/painting to literally "chrome" plate almost anything... Zinc items that are pitted, motor home rims, plastic parts etc. Just a view and some thoughts being put out there for some Travco application ideas... \nTime to off that disappointing silver/"chrome" can of paint...HTH & FWIW...\nBBB\nPS; Nothing on a Travco meet this summer yet???

rcb
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: Looking for 210

Unread post by rcb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Wow... just WOW. That is the coolest stuff I have seen in a long time. I wonder how durable it is.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:14 pm

I had seen these a while ago but was waiting for a usage on this site when called for. The best utube I have and cannot find in my library is named something like JAY LENO'S Garage where they/he goes at length into zinc hood ornaments etc. Forgot to mention that all who are owning painted bumpers, me included, could once more own chrome bumpers. I have a spare front in chrome from a previous action... (or how about a completely dark blue tinted, chrome plated 270 Travco?) as they use to say in La. "bitchin"... \nIn one of the utubes it is mentioned, that coats of clear protects the "chrome". It is about thick/thin as paint and subject to chipping. Anyhow this stuff does exist...\n Like to have a chrome refridgerator or ceiling air conditioner interior housing or maybe a chrome mirror\ninterior of your shower? Glad you are enjoying the views. Sure appears cheaper than the cost replating just one bumper... FWIW\nBBB

rcb
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: Looking for 210

Unread post by rcb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:16 pm

A friend down the road has a powder coating business. His chrome powdercoat is very impressive.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Powder coating is a troublesome alternative. However, it does require an oven the size of a rv tire rim to bake at an operable 400 degrees for 20 minutes...? A perfectly good reason to ruin the kitchen oven. The other, a spray process requires a small compressor for spraying the required liquids and you can "chrome" wheels for example as well as bumpers etc. etc. and it can be done on or in a vehicle... Powder coating is way more durable and harder. You CAN get a home style powder coating kit from EASTWOOD in Pa. Again, an oven capable of holding the item after you coat it is mandated... FWIW & HTH... I have a kit from them but never used it.. comes w/applicator gun etc.\nBBB\nJust had a brain flash... Harbor Freight also sell a home powder coating kit...

Return to “Campgrounds”