Big Lagoon State Park Pensacola FL.

Post up campground experiences reviews etc.
\nDisclaimer:
\nTravcoforum.com is not responsible for the content posted and anyone posting reviews is responsible for their own words.
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Big Lagoon State Park Pensacola FL.

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed May 13, 2015 7:50 pm

We made our first trip in Nessie to Big Lagoon State Park in Pensacola Fl. We left Easter morning only to get stopped by two inside rear tire failure in Opelika Al. Luckily a 24 hr truck stop who had 1 tire in stock told us if we stayed the night the tire shop 1/2 a mile from us would have plenty in stock. Monday morning we called the shop and they had four so we replaced the rears (the fronts are new Bridgestones) and got back on the road. The park is extremely nice and there is some privacy afforded by the way the spots are laid out and foliage. Took the inflatable bout out into the marshes and ended up watching the Blue Angels practicing over head. Needless to say we were leaving to come home Wednesday we stopped at the National Naval Aviation Museum. When arriving in Nessie with toad in tow there were people directing traffic in the parking lot. It turns out the Blue Angels practice their routine every Tuesday and Wednesday during the event season and admission is free. I was directed all the around the museum to a bus parking lot and directed into a spot that I could pull forward out off. Spent the first couple hours in the museum and then went out to the viewing area and got to see the whole Blue Angels performance up close. Between the great campground and the great show I really did not miss the one day due to the tire issues. Even the failure of the accelerator pump in the carb did not ruin my spirits. Made Nessie kid of cantankerous pulling of from a light and starting but on the interstate she pulled the Kia Sorento at 70mph with little problem. The 8 mpg I got running the trip I find acceptable considering the speed and load. Next trip will be slower and I will check it again. I will be adding some pics as soon as I get them uploaded to photobucket.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Big Lagoon State Park Pensacola FL.

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed May 13, 2015 8:05 pm

A few pictures\nImage\nImage\nImage\nImage\nImage

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed May 13, 2015 8:06 pm

A couple more\nImage\nImage\nImage\nImage\nImage\nImage\nImage\nImage

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Thu May 14, 2015 10:27 am

Cool pics! I really like that small drivers side awning. Thanks for posting!

Return to “Campgrounds”