A big Vintage motorhome rally in Oklahoma in 2017

Let's get some going. Post your ideas here.
Author
Travco Model:

A big Vintage motorhome rally in Oklahoma in 2017

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:20 pm

The GMC Motorhomes International club is reaching out to Travco owners and others. Here is a message from them and a link to their website.\n\nHi everyone! I would like to invite you all to a "Celebration of Vintage Motorhomes" that will be held next spring (2017) in Shawnee, Oklahoma. GMC Motorhomes International will be hosting this event and would love to see you all there. The facility is great, full hook-ups, many meeting rooms, great food, fun and more. I am reaching out to talk with anyone that may be able to help me organize the Travco owners. We have started to put information up but we are still in the planning stage and invite any suggestions, etc. Thank you!\nhttp://www.gmcmi.com/2017s-conv-info/#comment-1959

Travco Model:

Re: A big Vintage motorhome rally in Oklahoma in 2017

Unread post by 77Travco » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am

Me and the wife are planning to attend this 2017 event in our Travco. Start making plans... C'mon people, we have a year to prepare! :D

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1971 270

Unread post by Dodgy71 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Sounds fun!\nBetter step up my renovation work ;)

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:27 pm

Look like they are opening it up to all Pre 1980 Class A rvs.

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Yep, looks like it may be a who's who of old pre 1980 motorhomes. I still haven't figured out how to register for this yet. I'll check back to their website every once in awhile I guess.

Travco Model:

Unread post by bdub » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:33 am

This will be a huge rally with in excess of 150 GMC motorhomes present. With all the Travco owners invited as well as any other pre 1980 motorhomes, it should completely fill the huge campground / convention center. And it a very large and very nice place. (http://www.shawneeexpo.org/facility-information.html) We rallied there in 2012 as they were in the process of enlarging the capacity to a total of 700 spaces. That construction work was a little less that optimal at the time but is now ready for prime time. It was good then but is now.\n\nRegistration for this event should start near the end of 2016 and will be available at http://www.gmcmi.com, but if you have serious interest now in joining us there, please contact:\nKim Weeks at kimweeksgmc@gmail.com or 612-501-4600 for more information and to get on her contact list for new information as it becomes available. \n\nKim strives to accommodate everyone's needs. If the Travco group wants to park together, then that can be arraigned with notice of their space requirements. There are a lot of meeting rooms available so that these separate groups can have seminars of their own that pertain to their particular motorhome.\n\nGMC Motorhome rallies are always very informative and loads of fun. We refer to ourselves as a family as we are very loving and helpful to one another. We look forward to meeting our long lost cousins! :-) You'll be welcomed with open arms.\n\nFor more information on our beloved GMCs and lifestyle, make a sandwich, log onto http://www.gmcers.org, and follow the links.\n\nBilly Massey\n1976 Palm Beach\nCentral Texas

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:30 am

Thanks for that information Billy! I see you are in central Texas. I am over in the hill country area in Kerrville.\n\nEveryone... I think it would be great if we could get a Travco group together for this event so that we could all try and park in the same area of the camp ground. Maybe we should start a poll to see who's interested in attending in Oklahoma in 2017?

Return to “Events,Rallies, GTG's”