grandpa has a travco for sell

Place your for sale ads here. it is ok to place ads you find for Travcos for sale that you do not own also.
Author
Travco Model:

grandpa has a travco for sell

Unread post by t_wolfer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi,\nMy grandpa has an old Travco motorhome for sale I don't know much about it or how much to ask. I think it is a 270 later sixties is the year. It has been in storage indoors for about 20 years. I know it needs a master cylinder for the brakes. It was running when it was put away. I will try to get more information and can get pictures later this week when I go look at it. It is all white and has the fat red stripe all the way down the side. Its located in Utah. Any ideas on how much to ask?

Travco Model:

Re: grandpa has a travco for sell

Unread post by 77Travco » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 am

Hello, welcome to TravcoForum!\nI merged your 2 post into the "Travcos for Sale" section for that people aren't replying to the same exact questions, etc in two different places.\nI would start by posting up a few pictures and further details about the coach.\nKeep in mind that a running and driving Travco with good brakes, tires, batteries, lights, wipers, title, etc will command a much higher price than a unit that has been sitting for years and in need of work to make it roadworthy again.\nDoes it have the 17" split rims?\nThere are people out there that are looking for these old motorhomes and don't mind putting some work into them if they can get it for the right price... but I am not about to throw a number out on a Travco that I have never even seen.

Travco Model:

Unread post by t_wolfer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here are some pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 1976 270

Unread post by RobC » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Glass and fiberglass look like they are in great shape. \n\nFind out what's under the hood and find someone to help you get it started. \n\nA total brake overhaul can cost you $2-$3K that is the biggest unknown. I would have a brake guy look at and give you an estimate.\n\nMy 76 needed a complete brake overhaul and was gutted for restoration. I paid $500 for mine and immediately dropped $3000 on brakes and other what not to get it road worthy. this was with readily available brake parts.\n\nRobC

rcb
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: Looking for 210

Unread post by rcb » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Tires are an instant $1500 too. Looks in relatively good condition to boot! To answer your question, if the interior is clean and intact and if you got it running reliably with working brakes, probably in the 3-4k range.You really don't gain monetarily by replacing tires as you wouldn't make up the difference price wise.

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:15 am

Looks to be in decent shape. The fact that it has been stored out of the weather is a big plus. The single, high mounted headlights with that grill tells me it's somewhere in the 1969 - 1972 area.

rcb
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: Looking for 210

Unread post by rcb » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:49 am

Also, if you don't have a title... get one. For me, if a vehicle doesn't have a title, I lop off AT LEAST a thousand dollars, usually more. There are just too many things that can go wrong... and then you have a lawn ornament. Just saying to get the max money make sure to get the title in your name, ready to transfer.

Travco Model: 270

Unread post by mlacre » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Where is Travco located

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

I'm guessing 70-71\nPost a location and more pics of the inside etc.\nHow is the gelcoat finish ? Having it inside for all that time may have preserved it. Mine was a barn find too sort of.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Also would like to reiterate...Alot of forums frown on people signing up just to sell something however we here are Travco enthusiasts who wish to see every possible Travco saved so it is allowed. We ask in return that when you sell it, you tell the new owners about us.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Return to “Travcos for Sale”