Here is where to post parts.
Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 270

Travco 270 Water Tank Cap

Unread post by Arkansas Travco » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:04 pm

cap2.jpg
Hello.\nDoes anyone have a spare cap for their water tank that they would sell? I have one missing.\nThe motor home I bought for a spare does not have this set up.\nThanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Travco 270 Water Tank Cap

Unread post by KB2CRK » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:00 am

Interesting set up. I nave not seen that before.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:01 am

Scary SETUP... That would be one of the first items I would change... After sanitizing my system I would hate to have\nsome one gaining easy access to my "fresh" water tank. I changed my "fresh" water access opening immediately!\nGot a "lockable" unit, not with a door-key type but one I can seal with various colored ties to control access. \nOne would have to destroy the tie by cutting it to gain access. Not a stopper but any visible sign of tampering would \nalert me to "something amiss" and I would immediately examine and be suspect of my water supply... \nJust my $.02 and BTW my system is "protected",,, security wise to my satisfaction....I wanna' know... \nMy "city" water access is behind a key locked door...\nHow safe is your water system.?..\nFWIW/HTH\nBBB\nPS; Uploaded 3 pics from a different system. No tie has been applied for security\nto the "fresh" water system..Pics taken as soon as finished. \nALL pieces are available from a RV retail store\nas in OTC..There is nothing special about these items.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:31 pm

In the interest of Forum members and finishing this post on drinking water security.. "from my point of view"..\nI went to my camper/Travco this morning in da' pouring rain and took a few more pictures to complete my post. \nHere is the "fresh" water fill with the "security" tie... If in any way damaged or removed, I will "know"..\nAs I am able to swap out tie colors at any time, I can keep a potential "prankster' and I'll leave it at that...off his game.\nHere is a pic of my tie stash... In no way do I want my water compromised... for any reason...\nHTH/FWIW\nBBB

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 270

Unread post by Arkansas Travco » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Will take your advice! The cap is a bargman brand and was used on a lot of vintage campers. These were apparently added some time along with some other rather crude work that was performed with the water tanks. Pulled the tanks yesterday to access the floor as there is a bit rot....!!! Less than one sheet of plywood so it could be worse. Again, thanks for the advice and I will install lockable access.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:05 pm

continuing on the "fresh" water saga...
thumbnail_drink_040.jpg
\nThis was on my '76 Mahal.. It is a totally locking FRESH water protection system. I also have a newer cap that has a much wider wider brim and sits a little lower covering the mounting screws. It is similar to a Ford Maverick gas fill that was located behind the license plate..\nThis gives the best feature that I know of and is a do-able project... If anyone wants the number of the extra wide cap that comes obviously with keys and is planning on protecting their "FRESH" water system this way., I will hunt it down and post it...FWIW/HTH\nBBB

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:22 am

Sorry for the erratic posting. I have stuff scattered thru the HDD\nand sometimes cant find what I want. Here is the "inside" of\nmy "secured" fresh water inlet. BTW this was photo'd 16 years ago...\nNot able to edit or ad to a post after a logout.\nHTH\nBBB

Return to “Parts etc.”