Dash bezel on ebay

Here is where to post parts.
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Dash bezel on ebay

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:47 pm

This wont work for my 76 so I assume it is for an earlier model. \n\n\nhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/390665292971?_trksid=p ... EBIDX%3AIT

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Dash bezel on ebay

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:50 am

Yes, you are right... it's for a 1974 and back. exlcluding the 220's which have the round dash gauges.\nIt would be really awesome and nice if it had all the switches as they work in most or all units.. \nCouldnt find a complete shot of the 75 and up dash but you can see where they relocated the switches \nto go into the redesigned dash.. here are a few samples...and a poor one of that panel on the left side\n FWIW.\nBBB\nJust added another pic of the dash panel this time containing the gauges...\nCurious.. as I have one original on the garage wall.. \njust the factory steel panel that might be considered a hack job\nif one doesn't have one to compare with.\nIf it is the factory stripped panel, that looks kind of crude. It most likely\nis the original base for the dash, with square broached holes,\nthen the gauges etc., then the Travoc overlay, \nFWIW the dash is in a 3 part layer configuration.. \nOnce figured out.. might shorten your dashboad mission.\nNeed a pic or two to see where you actually are. I have tore a \n76 to pieces so I am familiar as to a lot of layouts with the travco...FWIW\nIf it will help, I will get a pic of the original steel plate with the square holes etc.\nfor you to compare whether what you have is home-made or factory...FWIW\nBBB\nAfter x-mas I am still enjoying the nice here (57 deg) weather. \nDecided to add the fourth picture of the dash layers to help\ncomparing a home made steel panel and factory... 12/27/14 HTH\nBBB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by badbillybiker on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:29 am

The one I need is in your second Picture Billy. I have switches in the dash but a half-assed steel plate as a bezel that looks like crap....

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 1976 270

Unread post by RobC » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 pm

KB2CRK:\n\nthe first picture of Billy's is the same as my '76.\n\nMy dash gauge project has taken a minimum 3 years off my life. I hope you have better luck with yours.\n\nRobC

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Billy added a picture after I had commented last. The first now is what mine should look like. The steel plate on my instrument cluster looks as if the holes were cut with a torch and a jig saw. The dimmer knob will not move because the hole is not quite in the right place. I need to find the right plate as my switches all look right.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm

I have two of those dimmer knobs/wheels and if you take one out and look at it, the resistance spiral/spring looking nichrome wire ...it comes loose and jams the wheel... I am leaning towards just using the headlight on/off switchand just foregetting the wheel.. or gut the wheel and just go with the off and on and think/pretend it works..... The rebuild price is a min of $75.00 and I believe thats with you sending in a rebuildable core...It's a PITA but I believe pulling the dash bulbs and coating them with a very light coating of flat white or colored transparent paint. seems to be a cheap n dirty way out... IMO..\nBTW the "candy" paints are also great for restoring the bling on your yellow and red marker lights... I got my transparent\npaint from a local hobby shop.. works great and saves find new lenses... FWIW\nBBB

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:00 pm

I have always run my dash lights at full brightness. The plate on my dash now has no holes for the lights over the switches. I will have to pull the plate off but it is obvious that the knurl on the knob is locked into the plate.

Return to “Parts etc.”