Researching. ..

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: Researching :)

Researching. ..

Unread post by Robmacdee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Hello all Season's Greetings, \n\nI've been researching TRAVCO and GMC COACHES. Any pros and cons would be helpful!\n\nThanks,\n\nRob

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: Researching. ..

Unread post by Acesneights » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Welcome !!\nBy GMC I assume you mean like the Eleganza etc front wheel drive Olds powered ?\nThose are really cool. I always liked them but the Travco are built very strong which is why I have always liked them. Both great RVx although for the most part even at 40+ years old most parts for the driveline are still available or can be easily retrofitted. Not sure about the GMCs . Travco s are pretty simple. Don't think you can really go wrong with either.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Researching. ..

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:59 am

Welcome to the forum.\n Mid 70s GMCs are cool and the early ones had interiors by Travco. The GMCs have a big following where the Travcos following is still growing. Both are very nice but as Aces said the Travcos are simpler. A few have done diesel repowers on the Travco, Something that would not work as well with the GMC. Overdrive options for the transmission are also possible for the Travco where the GMC front wheel drive limits what can be done.

Return to “New Members Introductions”