Greetings from Lapeer, MI

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: 77 Dodge Travco 320

Greetings from Lapeer, MI

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:55 am

I am a retiree from Chrysler and had my first encounter with a Travco motorhome when we were located in Highland Park. I would see it parked along side one of the buildings each time I would come to or go home from work. The company used it as a rolling test lab for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). I have no idea what ever happened to it since the company moved to Auburn Hills and had a lab that did everything in house. I have a deep fondness for the later Travco's and was reading about one close to me here located in Flint.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Greetings from Lapeer, MI

Unread post by badbillybiker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:36 am

Welcome... Rather than be curious about it.. why not do a hunt for it and if affordable, grab it.. Will sure beat the heck out of sitting about enjoying that pension check... and thinking maybe I need a part time job to keep busy... My worst day of retired puttering about will surely beat any day of you working part or full time. \nGo find that Travco... Was that EMC or EMP?\nHHHmmm.. have an inside track for MoPar pieces n parts?...Lottta' NFO here to help you get past the newbie feeling.\nIMO.\nBBB

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I could never find that motor home, it's been over 35 years since I saw it. It was EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility). My ex-wife left me with quite a bit of debt forcing me into Chapter 13 bankruptcy ruining my dream of traveling. Here I could have bought a motor home and enjoying traveling around the U.S. I saw one posted here and I am going to see if it is still available. I actually live a half an hour from where the Travco's were manufactured in Brown City (the birthplace of the motor home). Thanks again, Mike.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:18 pm

In many ways you have been/are blessed. Travcos are reasonably affordabe compared to the sticks n staple junk available. Newer models are like hookers.. Yummy on the outside and rotten inside... will stop there... Get one and start on a mission for yourself before you are not able to physically do it... As said many times before... life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer to the end, the faster it goes... now tell me you found one... FWIW\nBBB
Last edited by badbillybiker on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Welcome to Travcoforum DrMopar383... enjoy your stay here!\n\nFeel free to discuss all things Travco, Mopar, motorhome or whatever else comes close. This is however a religion and politics free forum... Billy, I'm looking in your direction when I type this... :lol:

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:38 pm

yes... I wasnt sure how far to go with the NFO on this posting...\nthats why I added the blurb at the end... no problemo\nwill delete most but not the part about getting a Travco...HTH\nBBB

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:57 pm

77Travco wrote:Welcome to Travcoforum DrMopar383... enjoy your stay here!\n\nFeel free to discuss all things Travco, Mopar, motorhome or whatever else comes close. This is however a religion and politics free forum... Billy, I'm looking in your direction when I type this... :lol:
\nJust a friendly reminder folks. Exactly what 77 said.\nThe post has been edited. We all have our views on things, but RV'ers come from all walks of life and we can all help each other.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by datsit » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Welcome to the group, I have freinds in Matamora & visit often with my Travco. I will be down for the Brown City meet in june. There are 2 Travco's in the area, but one has now become a shed as it did not sell last summer when I was down. Tim & Judith know of some in the Detroit area & attend Brown City. I have seen a few from the MI state as well as Ontario Canada this year sell on facebook Dodge Travco Motorhome Lovers keep us posted if you find any, even parts ones as I and others are looking for needed parts.

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:28 am

When in June is the meet? I will try and make it there since it is so close. I have to pick others brains about the old Travco MH, but struck out. I have checked several sites like craigslist, ebay, autorv etc. and have struck out as well. I will have to check out the Facebook page. Thanks again.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Struck out? There is a lot of NFO on this site...Snoop about... and if it's not here.... reach out and state your NFO problem..\nSure someone has been there, done that and can assist you... FWIW\nBBB\nWill the Brown Town meet be like a tiny Travstock event?

Return to “New Members Introductions”