Looking For A Blast From My Past.

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: 210

Looking For A Blast From My Past.

Unread post by Lookn4aTravco » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:28 am

When I was a child my Grandfather had a beautiful Travco RV and my Grandmother and him would grab me off the farm and take me on trips over the summer. When I got older I had to stay home and work so the trips came to a stop. I have decided I want to locate a smaller Travco to restore and hit the open road, just short trips at first but my wife wants to travel the US after we retire (over 10 years away). I am well versed on classic (muscle) car restoration and have been restoring vintage campers for a couple years now as a hobby so I think I would be okay to take the plunge in vintage RVs. I will be scouring the internet with some help looking for just the right candidate. I hope to find a 210 or 220 but I am still learning about what all was produced and when. I hope to find one that is original that needs some TLC that has not been "restored" by some well meaning person that made a mess of it. I am in no rush and can wait for the right one.If anyone has and tips or leads please post here or contact me through what ever internal messaging system they have here. I am all ears, anxious to learn. \nThanks Steve

Travco Model:

Re: Looking For A Blast From My Past.

Unread post by 77Travco » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:58 am

Welcome to TravcoForum!\nIt took me a few years to find my Travco 270. Just be patient and have cash in hand when a coach pops up for sale. Good luck!

Unread post by Lookn4aTravco » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:04 pm

77Travco wrote:Welcome to TravcoForum!\nIt took me a few years to find my Travco 270. Just be patient and have cash in hand when a coach pops up for sale. Good luck!
\nThanks That's just what I am willing to do. Time is on my side. I do have a lead on one and have been talking to the owner and so far so good. I might happen sooner than later!

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Post up some pics and info when you find one. We love pics here! :D

Unread post by Lookn4aTravco » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Here are some pictures of the Travco my Grandfather had that I was talking about in my first post. The boy in the picture is my Nephew Peter he was born in Dec of 1972 so the think the picture must be from around 1975ish. My Grandfather bought this new but I don't know the year. The other two pictures are from his place in the Florida Keys. He eventually bought a mobile home to park where the Travco is sitting. he lived in Wi but went to the keys every winter for over 40 years. I have a lot of fond memories of traveling in the big fancy motorhome. It was a big deal for me since we never had much money on the farm and my parents never went any where on a vacation because cows always needed to be milked 7 days a week 365 days a year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Very cool... I would place the 270 Travco in those pics from a 1969 - 1972 year model. The lowered grill came out in 1973 and 1968 and older had quad headlights.\nAlso - the door being located so far back like that indicates to me that it's a Mahal model.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1972 Mahal

Unread post by Travco72 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Mine is a 1972 Mahal model and it looks identical to mine from those pictures.

Found one after 3 years of looking! 1969 210 Diesel project

Unread post by Lookn4aTravco » Sat May 12, 2018 9:52 am

Holly Cow! Its been over three years since I started this post. I have had a lot of changes . My vintage camper hobby has turned into a full time business. My son is working full time and I am part time until this fall then I am closing my other business and we will both be full time vintage camper restoration guys. I am very excited to move on to my next career after 29 years in the same industry. (26 years owning my own business). \n\nI final found the 210 I have been waiting for... my search parameters changed somewhat over the years. \nI ended up buying this yesterday.\n\n1969 210 with a 1992 (6BT)12 valve Cummings diesel and trans swap started and abandoned. He saved every thing he pulled off the Travco and it comes with a 1971 270 for parts. The engine and trans are in place and drive shaft rebalanced /rebuilt and installed. A new 4 core radiator as well as the brackets to put it and the intercooler have been fabricated and test fit. The interior is out floors where pulled frame is beautiful and repaintedand new floors cut to fit. New spray foam applied for insulation. The front suspension is all rebuilt. The transmission that came with the Cummings was rebuilt with upgraded parts to help handle the weight of the Travco. There is a lot of work left to finish but a lot of time and money has already been put into it. \n
00C0C_iXDWik2ERPW_600x450.jpg
00c0c_9cdm3vbrJ3O_600x450.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “New Members Introductions”