looking for some windsheilds

Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: looking for some windsheilds

Unread post by badbillybiker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:43 am

TNX...\nThe pics said a lot about the quality done on the conversion...\nluck on finding correct glass.i am presuming your 1973 and older will use the smaller glass... \ni believe the earlier factory glass is "lower" Or narrower...\nBBB\nIf it would help i have both windshields from a 1976 in my house for safe keeping. can get measurement without too much trouble...no information on various years on Travco glass dimensions has EVER been posted to my knowledge!\nsome forget there are other owners seeking similar info...jmo\nBBB

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:36 am

Just an observation. Make sure the windshield frame was not modified for the flat glass and side windows as that may cause an issue with trying to fit the original windshields in. From the pictures It looks like the sides might have been opened up some at the top. If that is the case the factory windshield will end up being short at those points.

Travco Model: 27

Unread post by kober » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:00 am

Hey BBB\n The measurements would be great! I could ask Doug at RV glasparts vintage motorhome glass to measure what he has.\nThx!!

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 m375/270

Unread post by gojoe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Im curious as to the vintage of this machine. Your front fascia looks like my fascia (1973) . Lights up near the band and profiling closer to the wheel well. If thats a 75 then yours was likley one of the last to come out of that mold before the switch over to headlights just above the bumper. Good luck with the glass job!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:40 pm

I just noticed that also. That is a 69 to early 73 front end. Late 73 went to lower headlights and wider at the beltline.

Return to “Glass and Gaskets”