Windshield

Author
Travco Model: 270

Windshield

Unread post by divinylrecords » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:56 pm

i recently got a 1970 270 with 413 in it.. all new disc brake conversion on the front with new calipers and headers and custom exhaust system that goes all the way out the back..what looks like is made out of ceramic, an edelbrock intake manifold on it and a carter thermoquad carb. mechanically this babys in great condition. i drove it about 100 miles the day i bought it back to my aunts where its been sitting on her property and ive driven it a few times. major issue is the windshield, its got cracks on both sides and the rubber is rotting out and leaks through the inside.. best ideas to getting a new windshield. do i drive into one of these big RV dealers and see what they say, or do I look for another one close by is it a difficult job taking one off another one? also a difference ive noticed on mine is the door is the middle of the motorhome not directly up front. im excited about the restore though, the inside of it is pretty much gutted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model: 27

Re: Windshield

Unread post by kober » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:08 pm

try doug at rv glass parts vintage motorhome. 503-254-9694.\nmeasure yours from top to bottom to be sure he has the correct size.\nmine measure 30" between the rubber gaskets or about 31" of glass top to bottom inside the gasket.

Travco Model:

Re: Windshield

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:38 pm

I think the glass and gaskets are still available through Foretravel but pretty expensive.

Return to “Glass and Gaskets”