1970 270 windows

Author
Travco Model: 270

1970 270 windows

Unread post by divinylrecords » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 pm

my 1970 270 finally has all the mechanical issues ironed out, rebuilt engine, custom exhaust, headers, front drum to disc brake conversion. rebuilt carb. she runs like a top. now on the coach. ive gutted the whole interior. and im saving money for the new windshield which is quoted at 2700 after install.. that's about what I paid for the rig..ouch... anyways all the side windows leak really badly, the gasket is cracked and rotted.. rv glass experts said they couldn't source the gasket for the side windows they could only get it for the windshield. I read something on here about someone scrapping the windows and using a screw in style.. Im familiar with mechanics of cars but the windows and building the interior is a new project for me. anyways all the windows leak and I cant really start to do any remodel inside till I get this fixed. any ideas.. ? If I find the gasket close enough I assume I could silicone the rest of it up tight enough? but still caNT source the gasket.

Travco Model:

Re: 1970 270 windows

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:09 pm

I know someone on this site used a roll of gasket material that was very close but I think they had to trim an edge or something. Maybe someone will chime in with more info.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 220

Re: 1970 270 windows

Unread post by Woodsman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 am

I found this company while looking for window seals. I haven't actually searched to see what they have to match ours, but I believe I read that they had what is needed.\nhttps://www.trimlok.com/

Return to “Glass and Gaskets”