Broken down in Belle Fourche SD

On the road ? Broke down ? Need help fast ?
\nPost here...Maybe someone is near by or we can atleast give you advice.
Author
Travco Model:

Re: Broken down in Belle Fourche SD

Unread post by 77Travco » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 am

I carry those parts as well as a spare coil, cap and rotor, fuel pump, alternator, belts, hoses and oil. :D

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1974 270

Unread post by Roadrash » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm pretty sure we passed you on our way to Yellowstone. My wife took this picture out the window as we passed by. I'm glad to see you're back on the road.
DSCN6174 (Medium).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model: 1973 220

Unread post by monarch » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:50 pm

that is us! on the oregon trail... lol Nice shot! she kept starting and going and we made it home. Getting the going over by our mechanic, who says brake shoes were gone, down to the rotor on one rear and that we must have had a driving angel... can't wait to hear what else, ugh! :-) I haven't even been able to give her a bath yet. sigh!

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Oooppsss...your unit has disk brakes on rear????...\nI'm awaiting with my back to a brick wall awaiting for my bill for my brakes...\nAlready my wallet is starting to twitch...

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1974 270

Unread post by Roadrash » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:02 pm

You should have a go at doing them yourself.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Been there, done that... As the Travco uses 500 lbs of torque on the lugs, My 500 pound impact wouldnt even budge them.. Stepped up and fired up my 1300 pound impact running a 3/4 adapted air line and they flew off. Still have the forged Budd impact sockets at over 60.00 ea. A 20 ton air-over hydraulic jack etc. etc. .. no more mechanical nut twisting for me... Ever try using that factory lug nut remover with the furnished steel rod/bar for more leverage just for starters? still have mine if you wanna' try it out... Cheaper all the way around to have some one qualified to do it and I can bitch when I pay the premium dollar for a job... My skills now are going into the lighter things to make the Travco better... New mirrors, medicine cabinet, light fixtures, new dash controls, marker lights, Work on the Wemac panel etc. etc. Now you know... Had OH surgery recently, gave up my dresser as it was too heavy, over 850 pound and recently got frisky enough to get a 6 spd super glide at only 550 pounds.. The doctors originally gave me a limit of lifting 5 pounds but I told them I exceeded that limit every morning.... Hope this makes doing YOUR brake job a little lighter...BBB

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 1976 270

Unread post by RobC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Roadrash and Monarch: That's straight up freaky you saw each other on the road!\n\nEvery time I log in to the site I get fired up to chip away at my rig Thanks for the motivation everybody.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1971 270

Unread post by H2Lou » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:09 pm

this is an awesome site. 8-) \nthis thread was a great read as well 8-)

Return to “Travco Emergencies”