Water heater/furnace

Stoves, Water Heaters, Furnace Stove Etc...
Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

How do I apply these for my stove?

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 pm

These 8 spring wires are from my 1976 Travco Magic Chef stove and am wanting to use them on my current 1974 Travco Magic Chef.\nThese somehow hook onto the burner grate to prevent rattles and moving about. Here is a pic of the offending wires. Where am I going wrong?\nThese are made by Magic Chef... Wanting a non-rattling Travco...\nBBB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1972 Mahal

Re: Water heater/furnace

Unread post by Travco72 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:45 pm

This is not my stove in my 72 Travco but it should work for the explanation. Take one of your clips and hook the deep 'V' end under one of the 4 protruding legs of the black burner and then by squeezing the two small hook ends of your clip, you will be able to reach and hook underneath the edge of the stainless steel cook top. I tried to draw it but it did not turn out so well.\n\nIn my case I do not use them because they are a PITA... I have a piece of spare carpeting under pad in the drawer under my stove and I lift them off and set them in the drawer whenever I travel. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:37 am

TNX.. Tried the way it is illustrated but the $#%@^ things are a tad short and only one leg has a protrusion that fits into the hole in the stnlss top. Had thought about using a dremell to make a small notch for allowing the wire to hook into it. Your Idea is better or I will take it out and end up with 2 stoves (4 burners make a lot more noise) in my garage. if its not needed, it takes up valuable space and using it only for a counter top (I have the formica cover also) I have a FARBERWARE Turbo oven, a DUXTOP (1800Watt) PIC Way better than the nu-wav PIC (which only goes to 1400 watts and way more expensive) and a mini-Nu-Wav oven, thats really for 1 or 2 peoples... Should forget it and eat out at every stop when a break and gas is needed.... for now looking for a spare piece of carpet. TNX\nBBB

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Travco72 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:36 am

Strange that they don't fit. I have attached a picture that I found later last night showing an older Travco stove with the clips attached (from the facebook "Dodge Travco Motorhome Lovers Group"). I agree with you about how useful the stove is. We usually only lift one black burner grate out of the drawer and put it on the stove... it is rare we need even 2 or 3 burners at one time. It is more useful as a counter top than a stove.\n\nI think you can buy new clips if you decide you want the burners held down... I found these on the internet... http://happytrailsrv.rvcatalogue.ca/pro ... rer-101011

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:11 am

TNX... I thiink when I get back to the storage area I will try on the leg instead of the holding pin. If not... at least its been tried...\nBTW I did rip the pic so I have a good idea.. one more project b4 wwinter sets in...\nBBB

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Travco72 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:28 am

I think it will work on the leg... if you blow up the last picture that I sent it looks like the legs have a notch cut out underneath where the clip will sit... most of the holding pins do not look notched underneath... good luck!

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Well I must have had on my white sox when I tried the pin method that didnt work..... went back out to the camper and did it according to the last pic... it worked.. HolyS Batman... now to decide if i want to do it this way or the carpet in the drawer trick...TNX again...\nBBB

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:37 pm

I throw mine under the mattress... :D

Return to “All other Appliances”