TravcoForum.com

Travco Classic Motorhome Support & Discussion Forum

Skip to content

Change font size

Board index » Off Topic » Campfire General Discussion
Post up here anything else camping or RV related or just general chit chat.
ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICS or RELIGION
Take that stuff somewhere else. This is a G Rated Forum.

Awning for Travco

Unread postby timguy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 am

Hi everyone, I thought of adding an awning to my Travco. I am not sure whether there were some that were specifically made for the Travco or no. Yet, I'd be interested in the one that would look right and install without drilling.
Any recommendations are appreciated!
timguy

Travco Model: 1968 Travco Motorhome

Re: Awning for Travco

Unread postby KB2CRK on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:28 am

Zip Dee and a couple other companies make awnings that fit the Travco. As for finding one that installs without drilling, I don't think that is possible.
KB2CRK

Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread postby timguy on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:03 am

Thanks for replying, sir. I will check Zip Dee tonight and see, what they have. Last night I went on researching non-drill awning setups, and saw a mechanism offered by Carefree. Here is their installation instruction: https://www.camperid.com/images/carefre ... manual.pdf They say that the awning has to be mounted to the door panel with a sort of zip. I went checking availability of those Carefree awnings to match the dimensions I need for my Travco, and seems like that's not the best awning manufacturer, as these awnings quite often get stuck and that's the problem many people faced. Maybe by chance someone happens to know, whether there is anything with the similar setup? As I really do not want to drill my Travco... hope you understand me
timguy

Unread postby Woodsman on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 am

timguy wrote:Thanks for replying, sir. I will check Zip Dee tonight and see, what they have. Last night I went on researching non-drill awning setups, and saw a mechanism offered by Carefree. Here is their installation instruction: https://www.camperid.com/images/carefre ... manual.pdf They say that the awning has to be mounted to the door panel with a sort of zip. I went checking availability of those Carefree awnings to match the dimensions I need for my Travco, and seems like that's not the best awning manufacturer, as these awnings quite often get stuck and that's the problem many people faced. Maybe by chance someone happens to know, whether there is anything with the similar setup? As I really do not want to drill my Travco... hope you understand me

The way I read it you do need to drill holes for this awning.
Woodsman

Travco Model: 220

Unread postby KB2CRK on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:40 am

I do understand and I have a Zip Dee on my Travco that I know is a Pre 1994 awning. It is drilled in at the top and at the mounting points for the arms. Every vent on the roof of the Travco, the clearance lights, TV antenna, and ladders are drilled into the body. Zip Dee has the curved arms and they also fit the airstream trailers.
KB2CRK

Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread postby timguy on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 am

Oh I see, thanks for the explanation... I will keep looking for the Zip Dee, hopefully I will find something...
Appreciate your helps and comments, folks!
timguy

Return to Campfire General Discussion