Is this a travco?

Place your for sale ads here. it is ok to place ads you find for Travcos for sale that you do not own also.
Author
Technician
Technician
Travco Model: N/A (Site Tech!)

Is this a travco?

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:29 pm

I've been driving by this parked in a field for about the last 10 years, never attached the fact that it might actually be a Travco until just recently. Yeah, I'm not a travco guy, just the tech guy here. ;)\n\nWhat caught my eye today was the fact that a for sale sign has popped up in it. So I happened to have my DSLR with me and popped on the super telephoto lens and got some shots.\n\n
P3010140.JPG
\n
P3010142.JPG
\n
P3010141.JPG
\n
P3010139.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Travcoforum Website Administrator\n- Helping a friend - check out Duckies Longarm Quilting in the Oshawa / Durham Region area! www.duckiesquilting.com

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: Is this a travco?

Unread post by Acesneights » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:51 am

You found a Travco in distress !!!\nI'd guess by looking at the pics probably 69 ish . A 270 for sure.\nIf you can get anymore info on it or the owner wants it gone we can post it in the Travco rescue section.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:58 pm

It's a 1969 or older 270... Very desirable body style.

Technician
Technician

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm

I'll stop by when I next pass and see if I can get some details, and perhaps some interior shots.\n\nWhat's it worth so I have a basic idea if he's out to left field or not? Of course I'm guessing the overall picture matters in that equation - if the interior is gutted it's not worth a whole lot obviously, but assuming it's in "what you would expect" condition.
- Travcoforum Website Administrator\n- Helping a friend - check out Duckies Longarm Quilting in the Oshawa / Durham Region area! www.duckiesquilting.com

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 320

Unread post by 7d6 Travco » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:31 am

Cool!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:13 pm

PrivatePilot wrote:I'll stop by when I next pass and see if I can get some details, and perhaps some interior shots.\n\nWhat's it worth so I have a basic idea if he's out to left field or not? Of course I'm guessing the overall picture matters in that equation - if the interior is gutted it's not worth a whole lot obviously, but assuming it's in "what you would expect" condition.
\nReally depends on condition but if it's been sitting there for years, not much. If it runs and drives maybe 500-1000$ tops assuming it needs complete restoration. If the motor is locked up it's worth nothing unless...Ooohhh No...I can't say it...\nParted out.\nIf it has a salvageable Onan Genset, that up's it a bit. Problem with these rigs is it becomes a labor of love to restore one that has sat for along time because it will probably need major work and alot of times you can buy one in usable condition for far less than restoring one that has sat for 10 yrs. Unfortunately the Travcos don't have the value that the old GMC's do but a restored Travco is worth some coin. My current one sat for 20 yrs and I paid 3k for it but it sat indoors in a heated garage and I drove it home.\nThe other major things are Windshields. They are huge$$. About 1200$ shipped each. Also note the condition of the gelcoat. If it is cracked or peeling badly, it needs to be stripped off and that is a horror in itself. Mild cracking can be lived with to the average joe. Interior water damage is really irrelevant as the unit is Fiberglass over steel framing so worst it will need is new ceilings and wall panels which are fairly easy to do.\nAlot of times if it needs to be towed to it's new home, the towing can get crazy as a Med Duty wrecker is required and you may need to spend a day freeing the wheels up first.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by datsit » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Is this Travco in the Toronto area?? looks like the one I looked at last year (not for sale !!) When Travco's are found a location is always helpful.

Technician
Technician

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Oshawa area, Courtice to be exact. I haven't had an opportunity to go look at it any closer yet.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by datsit » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Yes I know the Travco, can't remember the owners name, but wife wanted it gone he did not !! he put me onto another one in Oshawa. A long time owner, misplaced both owners names & numbers. I found a 1966 just north of Barrie, I think the plate last registered in late 80's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Technician
Technician

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:59 am

Well, if you're still interested or want to go and do the survey (You'd know what you're looking at better than myself) the one in Courtice is now for sale. He's got quite the eclectic "collection" of stuff in his driveway now including another (prob mid/late 80's) motorhome as well.

Return to “Travcos for Sale”