Winning weekend at the Glen.

Post up campground experiences reviews etc.
\nDisclaimer:
\nTravcoforum.com is not responsible for the content posted and anyone posting reviews is responsible for their own words.
Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Winning weekend at the Glen.

Unread post by datsit » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Well that was an interesting weekend away at Watkins Glen NY, for the Vintage Races.\n\n \n\n Due to last minute changes, I did a solo trip to the Glen with BD, Roadster & Towd, dinner ready sooner then expected !! Manifold Destiny, good eats\n\n. This was good in away as I wanted to do a test trip with the full rig for future trips planed. All went well on the 568 mi. round trip, 60--65 mph had a hand full of high or long hills (down to 45mph at crest) MPG shows 10.14 a little down from the mileage with 2BBL carb (now 4BBL/looks to be running a little rich), I towed this unit (car/trailer/flatbed) about 3800 lbs (lighter past tows) 70% major hiway(had time frame) & 30% secondary roads & towns (Stop/Go some steep hills from stop) Did meet up with navigator, manage to pick up a 1ST place in group Road Rallye \n\n(NOTE; At no time did I knowingly exceed the lawfully posted speed limits doing this !!!???!! Must check eyes, as numbers on post looked like numbers on dash speedo !!!!!) Hooked up with new friends & old ones, blast from the past 2 friends from the early 70s. Meet up with Lee Chilson with his 69 210, enjoyed a long conversation, here are some RVs at the Glen, saw my first Rat Rod RV, looking for VW Westfalia (daughters boyfriends parents) well there where 30++ there, good people to talk to. Well time to unload rest up & catch up on work, then reload & go on next outing in 2 weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Winning weekend at the Glen.

Unread post by datsit » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Rig on the road!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1972 Mahal

Unread post by Travco72 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Awesome... love the pictures and love to see what people are doing with their Travco.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 1976 270

Unread post by RobC » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 am

10 mpg?!\n\nAwesome. I have hopes of not going broke filling mine up.\n\nRobC

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by datsit » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 pm

You can't put a price on love !! But you do have a place to stay when out of fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by datsit » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Travco72 wrote:Awesome... love the pictures and love to see what people are doing with their Travco.
\n\n\nMust get together this year some place in Ontario or MI. Mike S.

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:41 am

I am so jealous of your aluminum wheels! :mrgreen:

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by datsit » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:37 pm

77Travco wrote:I am so jealous of your aluminum wheels! :mrgreen:
\n\n\n Yes 19.5 Alcoa

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:26 am

Alcoa's... 19.5... Are these still being made or still available?\nWould chrome plating the 19.5 Budd steel wheels, LOOK like Alcoa's...? \nMore concerned with the looks rather than a weight savings of 10\npounds per wheel weight (Estimated)... Are they worth the money???\nCurious...\nAnyone have a plan for forming for a TravcoForum style Travco get together this coming summer???\nBBB

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:45 am

badbillybiker wrote:Alcoa's... 19.5... Are these still being made or still available?\nWould chrome plating the 19.5 Budd steel wheels, LOOK like Alcoa's...? \nMore concerned with the looks rather than a weight savings
\nYou could always just get some wheel covers like I have. I know that the steel wheels are pretty heavy... not sure about the aluminum version.

Return to “Campgrounds”