another question because I don't know

Post here for Steering ,suspension and tires discussion
Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1968 & 1965 Travco 270

another question because I don't know

Unread post by WJS1966 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Okay I have another question if by chance I should have a front flat tire and I replace it with my spare tire and I get another flat front tire can I pull one of the the rear rims and use on the front Thanks Jim
1968 dodge travco 270 in The work's

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: another question because I don't know

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:52 am

Depends upon what tires you have on the rear..Any tire from the rear will work. However if it is a recap, a strongly worded NO.\nA rear blowout is no where near as dangerous as a steering blowout... IMO, you are possibly placing life/family/unit in jeopardy.\nThat is why the best tires are for the steering... BTW...all 6 or 7 rims are the same...unless a rim was somehow damaged yet still usuable and placed on the rear at one time or another... With a rear mounted tire/wheel on front, a very close exam is needed ... if done, a slow drive to the nearest tire shop for an emergency examination and possible repair...cant say enough about steering tire safety.. Be diligent... and... by asking questions..., that's how we gain new information and knowledge... ask away....HTH-IMO FWIW.\nBBB

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:19 pm

I think you are asking whether or not just one tire on the rear will hold the weight? Depends on how loaded down the coach is but I would go super slow and stop as soon as I got to a town, etc.\nEDIT - Actually... I'm not so sure I would even try it. I would double check the load rating of the tire and the pressure in it for sure.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by WJS1966 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:44 pm

I have a split rim on the front of my 68 and I just wanted to know if I can use one of the rear rims on the front of Motorhome I have 6 brand new tires and really what I'd like to do is change the split rims two rear rims so I just wanted to know if the rear rims will work on the front of my travco Jim

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:07 pm

hope I got this correct. 16" split on front and 16"split on rear..If they are all split, no known reason for being unable to rotate each rim to where ever you want on your camper....again, unless its damaged and was sent to the rear on purpose...\nOn mine the only reason for placing a partclular rim I would be too darn lazy to spend some time on a particular rim to make it "purty"...like a exposed rusty "spare" rim mounted on the back or wherever...FWIW / IMO\nBTW... Those large shiny hubcaps on mine hide ugly badly painted rims..from bead to bead...\nBBB

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by WJS1966 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Actually I have to split rims on the front I think the back ones are just regular rims what I'd like to do is get regular rims for the front not split rims you know I have five of these travco let see 66 67 68 69 oops only 4 all I need to do now is the start a travco salvage yard Jim

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:01 am

Any rim can be used in any position on the coach.

Return to “Steering,Suspension and Tires”