New isolation Relay in.

Post here for living area electrical.
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

New isolation Relay in.

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:17 pm

As long as I have had Nessie the isolation relay and an old battery isolator had been bypassed with all the batteries linked. I finally went and put a new Relay in and ran the wiring to get it working. Good news it works flawlessly. Bad news My starting battery is shot. Two bad cells keeping it from holding a charge. Before delving into the isolation issue I repaired an issue with the starter relay. I was only getting 8v to the relay from the ignition switch. while checking it I found 1 crack in the insulation about 6" from the relay. Found a partial crack and corrosion so I cut it out and check voltage again. A full 12v. Put a new piece of wire and a connector on it and problem fixed.\n\nI am going to add another wire to a Momentary switch to allow a boost if the start battery dies after I replace it in the morning.

Travco Model:

Re: New isolation Relay in.

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:02 am

Keeping the chassis and house batts separated definitely has its advantages. Especially when you have a dead chassis battery and need to start the engine! :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: New isolation Relay in.

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:08 am

How true. Going to put a separate Isolation relay for the genset battery. I want to be able to charge them all going down the road but all separate when sitting.

Return to “Electrical”