Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Rebuilding my 75 travco

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:44 am

IMG_2243.JPG
\n
IMG_2242.JPG
\n
IMG_2239.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:47 am

IMG_2249.JPG
\n
IMG_2246.JPG
\n
IMG_2245.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:52 am

IMG_2257.JPG
\n
IMG_2251.JPG
\n\n\nThe water lines were originally in the vent chase on the outside wall. My 76 has a spice rack cabinet where you have the hallway way open. The lines now run in the back of it to the relocated faucet. These pictures were taken 3 years ago. I am hoping to finish the bathroom this year....lol Needless to say the shower has yet to be used.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1975 travco

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks for the photos and ideas. I actually really like the idea of splicing it and putting flex tube so thanks for that. I didn’t think of it that way. After looking at it, I’ll cut the floor, splice just before the floor line, run the flex tube to the top against the wall and out the original location. Here’s an updated photo so far.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:11 am

Will do thanks for the advice

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Update: just broke the black water tank.. fuuuuudge! Literally though, dried poo still inside. Hopefully some fiber glass work will do. Wish me luck

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Repaired black water tank. So what happened was I was replacing the toilet socket and cracked and broke the fitting that connects to the top of the tank. I bought a 3 inch coupling, epoxyed it in the previous hole. Then flex sealed the whole area. The waste valve also need some small repair even though it didn’t seem to bad but I went ahead and epoxyed that area as well as flex seal and will be replacing the whole waste valve assembly with a new one. I’m glad I found out the old valve did not work anyways. Sorry forgot to take before photos but here are some afters.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:52 pm

rjsdotorg wrote:So, how are the toilets held down?\nI want to remove that carpet....
\n\nOn mine, two bolts hold down the toilet, one on each side. Unscrew the nuts and disconnect the water line and the toilet comes up. After removing the toilet I had carpet under the the toilet flange. Usually 6 or so bolts holding that down but mine were rusted away. I tried to remove them and that’s how I broke my tank. If you can get yours out and it’s like mine, you should be able to unscrew the PVC extension (with the toilet flange) from the tank top of the tank (be careful).

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:49 am

Glad you got it fixed! \nYea... the whole carpet in the bathroom thing... :? . That's one of the 1st things I did was to remove all of the carpet from the entire coach.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Whitewhaletravco » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Yes carpet everywhere! It blows my mind! But mine is gone except the drivers cab which will be redone when the home area is finish.\n\nLooks like you have a different toilet than I did! \n\nUpdate photos. New waste valve installed. Previous walls that made the bathroom, fridge housing, and closet have all been sanded and put back up. Plumbing will be rerouted as it used to go through the closet and In front of the fridge. Will now go behind closet and behind fridge. Started building the built in couch which is actually more designed as a day bed. I’m putting a wall behind the drivers seat which is why I built that hollow post in the pictures. Unsure if I want to use it yet but it’s main purpose was to hide/make the wall behind drivers seat flow a little better. We will see as the build continues.

Return to “Travco 270”