Pulling my old gal round the lot. Elbow greese and comeALong

Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 67 270

Pulling my old gal round the lot. Elbow greese and comeALong

Unread post by ryemadd » Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 am

Hey there travcoers\nWhers would i hook up to my 66 270 to pull her out of the unlevel slip she's in. Her ds rear tire is in a bit of a dip ha and shes also 1 foot away from a walk on that side. Where do i hook up. Shes been sitting for a yeae here and before that at least 5. And she was towed here. Sk where? The front axel. Csuse im scarex to hhrt old leaf springs. What abouf frame cross bar?\nPs anyone know of any parts near san fran calif or any body who specializes in travcos\nPss what the heck is an AVCO.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Pulling my old gal round the lot. Elbow greese and comeA

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat May 12, 2018 8:28 am

I would look to hook chains or straps to both chassis rails to pull out if it is sunk in. Hooking to one cross member can cause that cross member to bend and pull the rails in if stuck solid.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 67 270

Unread post by ryemadd » Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Thank you sir. Im just scared to mess up my leaf springs lasttime i tried they were stressed you could sse it. But guess that means i need to dive into suspension also huh? Should i use a come along hooked up to my 72 gmc rv ( travcos gmc counterpart) or use my 1 ton chevvvy?

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Mon May 14, 2018 4:14 am

You need to hook to something as heavy or heavier than the Travco as anything lighter may just drag across the ground when trying to pull

Return to “Travco 270”