weird things installed in my 66's floor in weird spots

Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 67 270

weird things installed in my 66's floor in weird spots

Unread post by ryemadd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:05 pm

so i have a 66 270bunk bed in the living room area california version. single door behind the passenger seat, bath and kitch. on drivers side, single bed in back. and im guessing could be wrong but dinette across from the bench/ bunkbed. so im remodeling it completely and im to the walls and floors. so i pull up the old nasty carpet and theres the steel pieces that hold a leg for i guess the dinette table but its like 4 inches off the passenger side. so that doesnt really compute in my mind. and then i pull up more and theres another one of the steel or aluminum or what have you leg holders drilled in the floor. smack dab right there in there damn near middle. so what would those be fore????????? and then i take out the framing (all the wood) for that old couch thing. and theres a small breather(air filter) sticking out of the floor and a hose that looks like it runs to the back maybe the genny but why there? is that factory and whats its exact purpose? and im guessing the rectangular hole right above the battery bank is for inside access to them?correct? and the PO instead of pulling the old subfloor they just laid mixed 3/4 plywood and osb....smh....i hate osb with a passionand if anyone has schematics or diagrams for the plumbing system in a 66 64-67 i think and not the orig. travco manual. and if someone has a better electrical diagram.....and any suggestions on recepticles lighting and elect. in general much appreciated.\nthanks \nrsm\nthe travco kid

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: weird things installed in my 66's floor in weird spots

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:58 pm

The filter through the floor is for the Hydrovac brake booster which is about midway back under the floor. As for the plates in the floor I have no clue

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by ryemadd » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm

cool thnx good to know is there a certaim type of filter i need to use and the hose for it just fell out of the floor itys so rotten well the under layer (first original? layer) is. well could anyone help me with some better diagrams of the floor plans for a 66 270 with wheel skirts and a california model????? and the electrical diagrams and plumbing....

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 pm

I have a 76 so can't help with the floor plan. I believe the filter number is in the parts list post in the parts number section

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by ryemadd » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:48 pm

KB2CRK wrote:I have a 76 so can't help with the floor plan. I believe the filter number is in the parts list post in the parts number section
\n\n\nSo I got another one so I gues this is the amazing work of my oh so favorite pos po. so I’m redoing my closet which is on the pass side right before the bedroom or should I say room of bed. Haha. So I take the paneling off well as I’m doin that I go and take the receptacle that’s smack dab darn near in the middle of the back wall of the closet and I notice it’s the only thing on this line. Nothing coming out of the output side so I figured it was piggy backed off the main circuit. Weird but ok. But when I get the darn paneling off, it’s the only darned darn darn rec darn pticle on the curcit I can tell cause it’s right next to the darn fuse box haha what’s that like. So I can look at it as a good or bad thing. Good because I can run new wire and put in switches and other fun cooky things I can think of. Bad cause I got all these reciptles on who knows what line and lots more work to do. But that can’t be factory can it and can u give me and suggestions or warnings or cautions or grief or anything haha. Thanks\nThe travco Kidd

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by ryemadd » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:48 pm

KB2CRK wrote:I have a 76 so can't help with the floor plan. I believe the filter number is in the parts list post in the parts number section
\n\n\nSo I got another one so I gues this is the amazing work of my oh so favorite pos po. so I’m redoing my closet which is on the pass side right before the bedroom or should I say room of bed. Haha. So I take the paneling off well as I’m doin that I go and take the receptacle that’s smack dab darn near in the middle of the back wall of the closet and I notice it’s the only thing on this line. Nothing coming out of the output side so I figured it was piggy backed off the main circuit. Weird but ok. But when I get the darn paneling off, it’s the only darned darn darn rec darn pticle on the curcit I can tell cause it’s right next to the darn fuse box haha what’s that like. So I can look at it as a good or bad thing. Good because I can run new wire and put in switches and other fun cooky things I can think of. Bad cause I got all these reciptles on who knows what line and lots more work to do. But that can’t be factory can it and can u give me and suggestions or warnings or cautions or grief or anything haha. Thanks\nThe travco Kidd

Return to “Travco 270”